Ashley just discovered her books and has already read four of them and reviewed Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To-Do List. So since Just One Wish is coming out in March, I thought we ought to interview Janette. Review of Just One Wish coming soon!
1. You're not in high school anymore, though your novels are often set there. Where do you (dun dun dun) get your ideas?
Wow. That was Ashley's favorite scene. Okay,
2. You've written about characters in sports groups, cheerleaders, drama club, and student government -- what was your own high school niche?
Ooh, I like that. I've had some experience with acting myself.
3. What is your theme song? You know that song that plays when you walk in the room?
Yes! I love asking a question that you haven't answered time and again!
4. What is your favorite part of the writing process? (*I've asked this question of several other authors. For their answers, click here.)
5. If you had to pick any other job in the publishing industry (besides author), which would you pick and why?
Me too! Editing would be tons of fun. Though the other day I was thinking being a publicist would be cool. Ashley, my fellow blogger, actually is an editor.
6. I remember hearing you say that you lifted actual text messages that your daughter had received (with her permission) for use in one of your books -- which book was that again?
Awesome. That'll be the next one of yours that I read, definitely. Unless I find My Fair Godmother first because that one sounds really fun too.
7. What question have you not been asked in an interview, but think you should be asked (both question and answer, if you like)?
Last but not least, let's have a mad-lib of the biography you can find on Janette's blog:
Janette is purple. Don't ask how purple, because it isn't polite. Let’s just say she's purpler than she’d like to be and leave it at that. Janette gives in