I've been thinking a lot about bedtime stories, as I've been working on Story Club, so when I was contacted about this book I couldn't resist it. I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Classic Bedtime Stories
So here is my honest review: I loved this book!
|Levi shows off his favorite page in the book.|
Check out all those pancakes!
3. I loved the stories that were chosen. Little Sambha and the Tigers was included! Grandpa Craig is always making up variations on this story and so it was cool to have an illustrated version to read to the kids. In the endnotes, Scott Gustafson explains whe he chose to include the story, and how he did so thoughtfully.
The Bremen Town Musicians was also included and Benjamin did his 1st grade program around that story just last week. So it was cool to be able to read the story beforehand. Because you know on the actual night we were mostly just laughing at the kids who were misbehaving.
What stories are included in Classic Bedtime Stories?
- The Country Mouse and the City Mouse
- Sleeping Beauty
- The Tortoise and the Hare
- The Story of Little Sambha and the Tigers
- The Bremen Town Musicians
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- The Lion and the Mouse
- Jack and the Beanstalk
So here's the final word:
I'm thrilled to have this book in our collection. So thrilled that I'm going to be giving it to some of the cousins for Christmas this year. (Shh! Maybe they won't read this review.)
I was pleasantly surprised to find that this big gorgeous book is reasonably priced -- under $20. And I feel like it is the sort of gift that the whole family can enjoy. I don't feel like I'll be disappointing anybody, any age, with this book. Solid.
If you decide to shop through these affiliate links, I can earn a small commission. And hey, Black Friday and thereabouts is a great time to do that sort of thing.
Which of these stories would you be most excited to read? Or, which one do you *wish* was in the collection?