One from Melissa:
"Six things that make me unquestionably, blissfully happy":
2. good ice cream
3. kisses from an 8 month old
4. kisses from that baby's dad
6. great books!
* please note the raindrops on this rose.
One from Heather:
"Think of and post a comprehensive list of who are some of the most real characters you’ve ever encountered and why."
Sorry, no dice. I just can't promise a comprehensive list. But I will name some of the characters that I wouldn't be surprised to find walking around. Heck, these are the one's I'm surprised I haven't met yet. Realistic fiction at its most real:
- Rose Casson (author Hilary McKay)
- Indigo Casson (same)
- Oh heck let's just say all the Cassons (see above, obv.)
- Uncle Jack (Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath)
- Reuven Malter (The Chosen by Chaim Potok)
- Frankie Landau-Banks (E. Lockhart)
- Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery)
- The March Girls (Louisa May Alcott)
- Levin (Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy)
- Severus Snape (J. K. Rowling)
- Everyone in The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Mary Ann Shaffer)
Okay that's all I have the stamina for. Anyone want to add to our (not comprehensive) list?