Ashley in red, Alysa in blue.
It looks like this year will be a good one for book sequels. I decided it was high time I make a list so I can keep track of when I should put all of these on hold at the library. Yeah! Woot woot! Feel free to add to it any books coming out soon that you're excited about, sequels or otherwise. Just post them in comments and we'll add them to the list!
* Fablehaven book 4, Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull: March 24, 2009 (penultimate) Ooh, I just read the first one. It was pretty sweet.
* Percy Jackson book 5, The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan: May 5, 2009 (final in the series) Am so excited for this! Click on the label Percy Jackson Books to see all of our posts about the series and author.
* Pendragon book 10, The Soldiers of Halla by D. J. MacHale: May 12, 2009 (final in the series) Hm, I haven't read any of these. Are they good, Ashley? Ten books seems like a lotta books! In my opinion, the series could've been condensed to five, but I'm still excited for the tenth. It sounds like it's going to be a big departure from the last nine, which will be exciting. :)
* The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale: June 9, 2009 (Not a sequel, but we're excited!) Oh I just get more excited every day! Today I was looking up how many pages long it's going to be and then grabbing other books off my shelf and comparing page counts to see roughly how long it's going to be. "Imagine the ball landing in your glove..." as my P.E. teachers used to say.
* The Keys to the Kingdom book 7, Lord Sunday by Garth Nix: June/July 2009 (final in the series)
* Catching Fire, sequel to The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: September 1, 2009 I CAN'T WAIT! I'm really hoping for an ending on this one. Suzanne Collins, I promise I'll read book three, just give me a little bit of denoument!
* Books of Bayern, Forest Born by Shannon Hale: September 15, 2009 And she'll be touring back east for this one! Keep your eyes on her website for event details. She is SO much fun to see in person.
What I want to know: What will Stephenie Meyer and JK Rowling write next? Yeah! Totally. Speaking of which I still need to read The Tales of Beedle the Bard...
*Silksinger, sequel to Blackbringer by Laini Taylor: September 17, 2009 If the first one was any indication, it's gonna be good. Oh, and Blackbringer comes out in paperback May 14!
*Lips Touch, by Laini Taylor: October 1, 2009 This one is a short story collection. Awesome! But ugh! They're both so far away! Can't we have one earlier? haha.
*I, Q: The White House, sequel to I, Q: Independence Hall by Roland Smith: can't seem to find the release date, but I hope it's soon!
*The Maze Runner, by James Dashner: October 6, 2009. Also not a sequel, but looks like it is going to be good. Very cool premise.
*The Gathering Storm, by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson: November 3, 2009. Okay, how could I forget this one?! It's the beginning of the end of the sneaky books! (So named because they are very sneaky in getting you to read the next one, and they are all HUGE.)